Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Talented Twins

July 27th, 2011


I'm sure you've figured this out by now, but I write for Bloody-Disgusting.com. I'm that chick who makes the horror boys drool and writes epic features. If you're new to The Albin Way and you weren't aware that I'm a self proclaimed horror nerd with an outlet to prove it, check out my articles.They're quite the experience. 


Since joining the BD family, I've been privileged enough to meet some amazing people. I've talked about dogs humping each other in the park with Hatchet director Adam Green. I had a thirty minute conversation about weddings with co-Saw creator Leigh Whannell. And don't even get me started on mine and Darren Lynn Bousman's obsession with doing the 'Dougie'. 


But I have to say it's director Eli Roth who has introduced me to so great many things, even before we officially met. For starters, he introduced me to pancakes. Then it was the fact that Jay Hernandez really does scream like a girl. And finally he introduced me to the proper technique of how to swing a baseball bat in self defense. In all, he's like a teacher- only without the nerd glasses and a ruler. Or apples. 


I hate apples.


Back in May, he connected me with Jen and Sylvia Soska, the brilliant ladies behind Twisted Twins Productions and the hit indie flick DEAD HOOKER IN A TRUNK. I've always admitted this, but I was apprehensive to watch the movie and now, nearly three months later, it's all that I can talk about. These girls have so much talent that I'm incredibly blessed that they've even brought me into their realm and given me the privilege to be a part of their lives. I thoroughly believe that these girls will make it to the top and I plan on supporting them every step of the way. 


From the first frame, DEAD HOOKER IN A TRUNK captivates even the most casual of horror fans. There is mystery, intrigue, gore- shit, what isn't there? I said it once and I'll say it again- the movie is like watching a Tarantino flick on crack. 






(If you're craving more Soska twin action, check out my full, awesome interview with both Jen and Sylvia as well as Eli here! Also, the feature I wrote on the girls is available in this quarter's issue of STIFF MAGAZINE! Cover story and all! Or, if you're feeling cheap, the Bloody-Disgusting Fear File is all yours here.)


So you're probably wondering why I'm babbling about this AGAIN...
Well, it's because the ladies have just announced that their movie will be available on VOD and in select theaters through IFC Midnight! Read the press release here! I'm so incredibly proud of them that I could burst!


And finally- the girls are really pushing to do the new Addams Family flick. Since I think that they would be perfect for it, I'm urging all of you to 'like' their Facebook page in honor of this proposal. I personally think that they'd be fantastic at it... and that their new film, AMERICAN MARY, is going to take the horror world by storm. Even more so than DEAD HOOKER IN A TRUNK. If that's possible.


Do me a favor- support these girls. And not just because I said so, but because they're talented as fuck and deserve it. 


Peace, Love and Heartbreak ♥










No comments: